Spill Damage Recovery and Repair Services
Eating and drinking around a computer is obviously not a smart idea, but we all do it. Laptop Repair offers Spill Damage Recovery and Repair services so, that you don’t have to suffer too long.
If you aren’t certain that you have spill damage Laptop Repair can always perform an Internal Diagnostic to investigate the spill damage and if it is determined that the issue is due to a spill, our capable technicians will proceed with our spill recovery and repair services at your approval. Whether you’ve spilled liquid on your Mac or PC, our technicians can perform a thorough external and internal cleaning.
If you have a device that has suffered spill damage here are the steps you can take.
- Unplug and turn off the device
- Remove the battery (if removable)
- If you do want to turn on the device wait at least 48 hours. Water and other liquids take a long time to evaporate once they get inside the device
Here are some things that you shouldn’t do if you have spill damage.
- Do not place in rice (the grains get stuck in ports and cause damage)
- Do not place it in an oven or microwave to dry it (seriously, it will melt parts pretty quickly)
- Do not place it in sand or flour (that will only make cleaning it harder and cost more)
- Do not use baby powder, talcum, or any other moisture-absorbing powder
Our spill damage recovery and repair service begin with a full disassembly of the device to examine it for physical damage, like blown capacitors or burn marks along traces. If no damage is found we will recommend a full cleaning with our ultrasonic cleaner and any touchups performed by hand. After that, it is off to the dehydration chamber to make sure all moisture is completely gone. Then we reassemble and test the device to make sure it is working perfectly.
We know you’re busy and we all depend on our computers a little more than we care to admit. Bring your computer in for a spill damage recovery and repair service at one of our convenient locations today and we will get you rolling again in no time!